Monday, March 9, 2009

Pulling Rank

An interesting thing occurred last night. I received a disturbing line of communication in e-mail format. I don't know if it had poor motives behind it, but is was enough to prompt me to think about pulling rank. It's abusive to pull rank, and I think we're all prone to it on some level. I'm not a parent yet, but I imagine it would be easy to pull the 'because I'm dad' card. I AM a husband, and in years past, I borderlined on pulling the leadership card. I've seen pastors pull the 'submit' card in order to quell 'divisiveness' that really was dialogue for the purpose of growth, personal and corporate.
Don't get me wrong, I think rank has its place, just the abuse of it is where the rub comes.
I'm glad God doesn't pull rank...we'd all be crushed without hope.
"He who knew no sin became sin for us......"
He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment