Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Obligation to God

This title is a bit misleading for it is only a minor part of the whole. I'm reading a fantastic book, which is an introduction to Covenant Theology. I am incredibly thankful for it as I've longed for a good introduction to this particular theological framework. The book is Far as the Curse is Found by Michael Williams. The thought that has been thrilling my soul...in a very simple yet profound way: Covenant relationship always precedes obligation. God calls us into relationship with Him before obligations are required. He wants relationship, then obligation flows out from the joy of being in relationship with Him. Not very profound as I type and re-read...but profound when I actually stop and meditate on the wonder of it. He's called me in to a relationship with Himself. Creator desiring the created. Thanks Father.

1 comment: