Friday, March 6, 2009

Submitting to Sovereignty

25 Then the king said to Zadok, “Carry the ark of God back into the city. If I find favor in the eyes of the Lord, he will bring me back and let me see both it and his dwelling place. 26 But if he says, ‘I have no pleasure in you,’ behold, here I am, let him do to me what seems good to him.”

This passage from 2 Samuel 15 caused me to, once again, rejoice in God's sovereignty through David's statement. Am I confident enough in God's good purposes even to say to Him, "Do what seems good to You," even if it means that I am the object of his displeasure? This statement of David's is packed with trust in God's sovereign purposes. How many TV preachers proclaim this gospel: God does what pleases Him, and that might mean my harm, not my prosperity....and He's still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment